Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

32 Degrees Is Warmer in MO Than in SD

Not kidding. I've said that multiple times this week. 32 (or 35 or whatever) is warmer in MO than SD. I don't know why. Windchill, I guess. But even yesterday, at 35 degrees, I was outside without my coat on. Weird.

I'm packing all sorts of activities in before our 10-day Christmas holiday in South Dakota. We're getting pretty darn excited.

Girls' Night
As always, I had another fun evening with Rachel, Emily and Jenny. And, as always, super thankful for these girls and their friendship. This time, Rachel got the materials for a cute Pinterest craft - my first one ever!


Affordable Christmas
Our church puts on a fabulous Affordable Christmas for families in the church's neighborhood. I spent one evening this past week at a volunteer training and spent Saturday morning in the church kitchen helping prepare for the breakfast portion of the event. Take a look at the video and read more about Affordable Christmas - families are so blessed by this, and I was so glad to be a part of it.

Tea Time
On my way home from Affordable Christmas, I stopped at my friend Liane's apartment and had breakfast and tea with her (while our hubbies saw The Hobbit). I think us girls may have gotten the better end of the deal. I was thankful for some one-on-one girl time and felt very blessed by the fellowship we had.

Lunch Date
After hubby's tests, we met for lunch and enjoyed Haus on a Groupon. We've got to be some of Groupon's best customers. Seriously.
Here's hubby enjoying his buffalo & beef kielbasa sausage wurst  on pretzel bread with caramelized onions, homestyle 'kraut and honey dijon mustard ($7.99). And a beer. De-lish.

Because I made a ridiculously unflattering face when J took a pic of me, here's my food: Smoked Chicken & Apple sausage wurst with caramelized onions, sweet peppers and honey dijon mustard ($6.99). Surprisingly delicious. And, it's hard to see, but that's a pink beer on the right - Lindeman Framboise...a beer I actually really liked!


Cookie Exchange
Emily hosted a cookie exchange at her house and I came home with bunch of delicious goodies: oreo balls, peanut butter balls, rice krispies, peppermint white chocolate cookies, puppy chow, ginger and molasses cookies...my hubby was a happy man.

KC Symphony
Once again, Uncle Pat and Aunt Kathy brought me in as one of their very own - this time to a fabulous Christmas concert at the Kaufman Center. What a beautiful building. And what talented musicians. The KC Symphony is up for a Grammy this year!



Ugly Sweater Party
Last but not least (mostly last b/c this one has "a bunch" of pictures), we went over to Chad and Chandra's for an ugly sweater party and time with all of our med school friends. Food and fun was had by all. And I was introduced to boiled custard by Preston from Tennessee...it's fabulous! Like eggnog, but not...it's like melted ice cream in a cup. YUM!


Here's our ugly sweater finds...thanks, Goodwill!




No comments:

Post a Comment