Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Crockpots: The Best Thing for Working Women

Yes. I realize that's a rather stereotypical title.

At this point in my life, I'm a working woman, but I still want to be...Susie Homemaker, or Betty Crocker, or Rachel Ray or whatever you want to call it.

I loooove making homemade meals, and that means planning ahead. I've mentioned before that I do most of my cooking on the weekends, but on the times that I DO plan ahead and get a crockpot meal ready to go for the middle of the week, I am never regretful. And pretty darn excited when I get home from work at 6pm and dinner can be on the table in mere minutes.

Here's a fabulous recipe I found from Nutmeg Nanny. She cooks hers under the broiler, I made mine in the crockpot and it turned out pretty amazing.

Spicy Honey-Glazed Chicken
1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8 thighs per package - my package was in the freezer from when I bought it on sale for $3.31)
tsp pepper
tsp red pepper flakes
tsp chili powder
tsp paprika
tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup honey
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar



Mix spices together, set aside. Mix honey and cider vinegar, set aside. Un-tuck chicken thighs and cover both sides with spices. Set in crockpot and add honey mixture. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. 

What's your favorite crockpot recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment