Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fostering Friendships

This week was (slightly) more low-key than other weeks, which was a nice turn of events. Jordan's midterm is tomorrow, so he's been studying, studying, studying. I see lots of him, but it's mostly seeing him looking at slides and other study materials. It's nice to have him studying at home.

5:30 Tuesdays and Thursdays mean calling two of my very best friends from college on my drive home. It's so wonderful to have 30-45mins of conversation with Aubrey (my roommate from freshman and senior year) and Amanda (my next-door neighbor practically every year of college). These ladies are such a blessing in my life and it's almost hard to believe that we've known each other EIGHT years.

I went out for coffee (Chai Tea Latte, my fav) with Amber, my gospel community group leader. We had great conversation and it was so fun hearing her story and the different ways God has worked in her life.

Friday evening I went over to Liane's for delicious pumpkin bread and cider, and refreshing punch, courtesy of Audrey. We had a couple hours of great girl talk and I'm so thankful for all these new friends that I have here in KC.

Yesterday, I went to Fall Festival in Liberty, MO with (part of) my church gospel community group and Kody and her little 2-year-old Leah came too (they are the med student wife and daughter that I met last week at church). We walked around enjoying the beautiful weather and taking a peek at the various booths of jams and jellies, jewelry, paintings, and much more. I even treated myself to a fresh-squeezed lemonaide...my fav. (I have lots of favs, lol.)

For dinner, we were treated to home-cooked brisket, green beans, macaroni and cheese, and pumpkin pie at Patrick and Claudia's home (empty-nesters in our community group - they love to host and have groups over, and their home is set up perfectly for it). I felt right at home with 12 adults and 5 kids at a big table. After doing the dishes, we had a bonfire and made s'mores. Really made me look forward to the next time I go home and dinners and bonfires at mom and dad's. Even more reminiscent of home, Claudia sent a meal for both Jordan and Zach, Kody's hubby, who were busy studying while we were out having fun:

So blessed - thanks, Claudia and Patrick!
Church was cancelled today because of planned city utility outages, so Jordan and I took the opportunity to sleep in a bit (mostly me) and Jordan used the extra time to study. I helped quiz him on muscle functions, blood supply and innervation (what nerve they're connected to). I did a bit of cleaning and went to the grocery store. Then, we enjoyed pork chops, rice and brussel sprouts for dinner. A nice day at home.

If you think of Jordan tomorrow AM, send up a prayer that his midterm at 9am goes smoothly and that he's able to remember everything that he's been studying so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment