Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Short & Sweet

This week was (slightly) more low-key than last. Here's the highlights.

Pampered Chef Meeting
I went with another PC consultant and med student wife (AND fellow South Dakotan) to a cluster meeting. It's so great seeing the different ways that we can do our biz and to get ideas for my own biz. I'm excited to say that my first KC PC show is tomorrow night!

Weekly Work Wandering
Once a week, I'll be traveling to Peculiar, MO to work onsite at our clients' office. Upside: Jordan tells me that I have my bosses may have suggested me to work there because I have a great personality for it. Downside: It's over an hour from our apartment.

Gospel Community Group
Still feeling so blessed by this group. We were small and intimate this week - our hosts, two others and me. We enjoyed coffeecake, coffee and great conversation over last week's sermon. So looking forward to next week.

Date Night: Em Chamas 
Thanks to a Groupon bought before we moved to KC, we dressed up and gorged ourselves on meat - top sirloin stuffed with provolone cheese, Em Chamas' special picanha, garlic-rubbed picanha, beef medallions wrapped in bacon, chicken spiedini (a-maz-ing), marinated chicken wrapped in bacon...the list goes on...


Neighbors

After living here for over three months we finally spotted our neighbors! After sharing his beer-buying success ($6/12-pack...even I think that's worth buying beer...), Jordan offered one to our neighbor (and I met their super-cute two-year-old). A few minutes later, we heard a knock on our door and our neighbor said that he was from Mississippi and that you can't let one gift go without giving another in return...and then he gave us some ground deer meat!

Home-cooked Meals
Left: Hubby's fav brownies with peanut butter frosting. (When I make these, he eats them for breakfast.)
Right: After hearing mom say she made goulash, I made some, too (with the aforementioned deer meat).
(A few of) hubby's lunches for the week: goulash and brussell sprouts. Packed and ready to go.

Babysitting
I watched Zach & Kody's adorable two-year-old Leah while they went out for their 5th anniversary. We colored, played catch, played dolls, played with my earrings, watched Beauty and the Beast, and played with the "duckie" for over 30mins. Hilarious.

See that shadow? There's a two-year-old in this duck hamper. 
Redeemer Fellowship
As we're working through 1 Corinthians, we were on 8: 1-13 today. Here's some nuggets from my notes:

  • You either worship Jesus or you are an idolitor. You are always worshipping something - is it God?
  • Do everything you do to proclaim your exclusive allegiance to God.
  • Don't do anything that will make anyone think that they can server God and another (god).

Zona Rosa Afternoon
With the nice weather, I met up with Kody and Leah to enjoy KC's Zona Rosa outdoor shopping. I didn't buy anything, but enjoyed some time outside and some girl time.

The Hubby
I haven't seen much of Jordan lately - he's up to his eyeballs in muscles, nerves, and arteries (actually, I think that goes all the way to the top of his head...). He's still feeling super blessed and enjoying what he's doing. But, I know he's really looking forward to this section being done (word is, this is the hardest one of 1st year). Prayers are appreciated as he finishes up this taxing section! (Final on Oct. 18.)

No comments:

Post a Comment