Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Final Stretch

It was the last week of Musculoskeletal, which really just means that the hubby and I were like ships passing in the night. He's been studying his brains out. (Hopefully not literally, because I think he'll need those for his tests on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday...) He spent the weekend on campus, 9:30am to 10pm yesterday and 7:30 to who knows today (I picked him up for church and dropped him off afterwards). I'm excited for this section to be done...I've barely seen the man!

I kept busy with a few things this week:

Pampered Chef Show
I had my first KC PC show...and we had a lot of fun - and ate some delicious German Chocolate Lava Cake. My host is one of my new friends here in KC, and (so far) she's getting at least $165 free. That's one of the things I love about PC - the company does a great job of making sure that hosts really get a lot of benefits.

Scentsy Party
Chandra had Scentsy party, so I ventured to Blue Springs after work one evening for delicious PC appetizers (since she's a fellow consultant) and fab-smelling Scentsy. I splurged ($5, hehe, but anyone who knows me knows that IS a splurge for me!) on a new scent: Apple Press (described as the smell of crisp fall days: crunchy apples, juicy pears, and just a hint of the last full roses of the summer). I love apple-scented candles and soap. Yum. I also won (I know, I know "I win everything") Snowberry (A luscious blend of loganberry, strawberry, peppermint, and zesty cinnamon)...cinnamon is my other fav scent for candles.

Gospel Community Group
I brought the treat this past week - Lemon-Strawberry Crumble Cake - and enjoyed fellowship and a discussion over last week's sermon. So very glad for this group. This week we start meeting (occasionally) as women/men only...we get to choose what book of the bible we want to study together. 

Babysitting
I watched Heath & Amber's (my community group leaders) 4-month-old while they went to a movie. But first, I enjoyed delicious, homemade chili (thanks, Amber!) with them before they went out. Graeme liked me for about 30mins after they left (he was laughing and laughing and playing so nice!) and then I was not his fav. I think this just means I need to hold him for at biblestudy - he's like the happiest baby on Thursday evenings!

Cooking
Yeah, it's like a weekend thing for me. But I love it. I made a chicken, veggie and rice soup (added a little curry paste to give it the kick hubby likes!) and today cooked up an easy tator tot casserole. 

(Deep) Cleaning
This is not a weekly thing. I always keep things picked up and the kitchen clean, but I don't vacuum/dust/clean bathrooms/wash floors every week (although my amazing mother does!). However. Next weekend, mom (and brother! and sister! who I haven't seen since JUNE!) are coming to visit, so in anticipation of that, I spent a couple hours cleaning the apartment.

...I'm getting slightly bored with my weekly recaps...what things do you wonder about our life here in KC?

1 comment: