Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Phone Isn't a Christian...and Other Noteworthy News

It was another boring week in the Larson household.

Just kidding.

It was Jordan's MS Exam Week, which meant a test on Monday, and Tuesday, and Wednesday, AND Thursday. He did well, and we're relieved that's over. This next week will be much more low-key for him (some time on campus in the lab and whatnot), as CardioPulm doesn't start until the following week.

I've mentioned to him that he should do a guest post in his week "off"...so we'll see if he'll grace you all with his medical student presence in the coming week. You never know.

Apparently meals with friends (and family) (but not on the same day) is the theme for this post. (although I know you're still wondering why my phone isn't a Christian, we'll get to that.)

Kathy and Greta had lunch with me last week, I just forgot to mention it...the whole "I-was-looking-at-the-bottom-of-my-calendar-and-not-at-the-top" thing. We enjoyed burgers from Town Topic, which is just around the corner from work. Total hole-in-the-wall joint. Delicious burgers.

Liane and Audrey had lunch at my office this past week. So fun to just catch up as girls.

Chandra, Katie, Kim, and Jenni (all friends from home!) FaceTime'd me in for our monthly Girls' Night In...we try to have dinner together once a month. I'm always bummed to not be there in person, but am glad I can at least be a fly on the wall...or a face on an iPad! We shared some exciting news that I'm still ridiculously excited about. Will be so happy to spend time with these girls face to face again.

Thursday night I met up with girls from my Gospel Community Group for fellowship at Panera (where I had one of the hottest chai teas of my life. She steamed that thing to death). It's refreshing - and challenging - to be in a group that we're intentionally raw and honest with; to be open about where we're at in our faith, and what sins we're struggling with. I'm excited to see how this will push us - me - to grow closer to God.

Friday evening we had a bunch of our friends over (but not all of them...so if you're reading this, and you're in KC and you weren't here...please don't feel left out! We literally could not have fit any more people in our apartment...we felt bad that we couldn't invite everyone) for soup, appetizers, dessert...such a fun evening. We just enjoyed each other's company (and the delicious food - thanks for contributing, everyone!).

As you can see from the pic, mom and Lucas AND Kay (who's taking the pic) were in town! Hurray!

Mom, Kay and I shopped till we dropped on Saturday. We found some great deals and I "splurged" and got a new pair of jeans (my last ones were at least six years old...gotta love a good pair of jeans!). We also ate out at Andre's Confiserie Suisse, a little Swiss restaurant. It's $15.40 per person, and that includes a drink, your meal, and dessert. I had the Quiche Lorraine, which came with tomatoes with a dressing and a shredded carrot salad. Everything was fabulous. Mom had the same as me, except hers was Cheese Pie (and not Quiche Lorraine). Hers was fab, as well. Kay had the Ham & Cheese Croissant, tossed salad, creamed broccoli and carrot salad. Yum. Okay, I can't find the exact desserts we had (and I, of course, didn't remember to take a pic until after we'd devoured them)...but if you take a look here, you'll know we had something simply amazing. All women should go here immediately. I wouldn't say it's a "man's" place to dine, lol. (There were guys there, though!)

Sunday brought a surprise for Jordan and I. My phone decided it was daylight savings time (or something?!) and when mom knocked on the door at what I thought was 7:15 to get my straightener...it was 8:15 and we were leaving for church in 15mins. Hello, I'm awake now, yes. We made it out the door in 15mins (I even put make-up on, go me.) and were to church on time. This is the SECOND time my phone has told me an erroneous time on a Sunday, resulting in missing church (we didn't miss church today, but the first time we did). Thus, I've decided my phone is obviously not a Christian. Or maybe it's a Bedside Baptist. Who knows.

The morning continued to go slightly askew, when both my coffee and Jordan's got tipped over during church (his, only a few sips, mine, only a few sips were left in the cup)...and we have slanted "stadium" type seating...so it went up quite a few rows...and a grandma lady gave me a dirty look. Sorry!

We had a wonderful brunch at home with mom, Kay and Lucas before they hit the road (and mom - and dad! - stocked us up: potatoes, carrots, parsnips, stew meat, beef roast, Bridgewater sausage...so thankful!) and Jordan and I saw Cloud Atlas in the afternoon. It was mind-boggling and a little confusing...still processing it, lol.

Now it's a quiet evening at home before starting the week back up again!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard the phrase "Bedside Baptist" in way too long :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally thought of you when I wrote that. Just b/c it's NWC and to me, that means you. :D

      Delete