Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Feeling Blessed

I was going to start out by saying, "I only did a few noteworthy things this week..." but then I thought about it and it seems I actually did quite a bit. Anywho. Here's the rundown:

Ladies' Work Lunch
Two of the 4 girls I work with had birthdays at the end of December/beginning of January, so we went out to Chez Elle (again!) this past week. I, once again, had the fabulous lobster bisque. As we were going there, Brooke (who is also sold on the soup) said, "This is seriously the best lobster bisque ever." And, sure enough, the sign outside said, "Best lobster bisque in KC!" In addition to a cup of bisque, I had an Acropolis crepe: Chicken, tomatoes, kalamata olives, baby spinach and feta served with cucumber sauce. Yum. Great place for a fun lunch. 

Gospel Community Group
This was our first time back since before Christmas and it was really great to see everyone again. This time we met as a big group and discussed the sermon from last week. We're going over 1st Corinthians and are on the communion passage. During our discussion, we talked about what we remember of communion growing up and the different communion experiences we'd had. It was really interesting to hear different perspectives and then come back to what the bible tells us communion is. 

Lazarus Ministries
A month or so ago, I spent a Sunday afternoon with some of the other med student wives setting up the Lazarus Ministries women's shelter before they opened up for the winter. This past week, we went back and served a taco dinner to the ~20 women that stay there. We also sat and ate with them and it was pretty amazing to hear just a little bit of their stories and to hear the faith that they had. One of the women said she'd been waiting 3 years for a spot. (Once they are accepted at Lazarus Ministries, they have a place there for the night for the entire winter.) I can't imagine living like that. And they were so thankful for the dinner we brought them. We're going back again at the beginning of March...I can't wait. It was really great to do something that really matters. 

Pampered Chef
I had a (very!) little PC show on Saturday AM. It was nice to be out of the apartment for a bit, and I think Jordan was glad I wasn't distracting his studying!

Cooking
As always, I did a bit of cooking over the weekend. I made a pot of turkey noodle soup (from frozen leftover turkey when we were home over Thanksgiving - thanks, mom!) and tonight I made fajitas with a leftover piece of steak that Jordan brought home from his dinner with uncle Pat and aunt Kathy. I also made Jordan a pan of brownies with peanut butter frosting (his fave) to...give him more brainpower for studying ;) 

Well. That's my week. I hope yours was great as well. If you have any spare prayers, direct them towards my hubby for his midterm on Tuesday. He's over 25% of the way through with the class portion of medical school! YOU CAN DO IT, BABE!! That's my mantra around here. 

Have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment