Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Our (not-so) Exciting Lives

I've been blogging a lot about saving money...mostly centered around saving at the grocery store for mealtime. I have other ideas for saving money elsewhere in your home, but those will come later.

For those of you that are interested in what the Larsons have been up to in KC the last few weeks...it's been not-so-exciting. Jordan's been busy studying and studying and...yep, that's about it. Here's what we've been up to since February started:

At trip to St. Louis!
The 1st weekend in February, I went to St. Louis with Amanda, a friend and fellow-Pampered Chef consultant, for PC Spring Launch. We had a great time learning about the new products (and even got to take home a new piece of stoneware!) and an even greater time enjoying the city. Amanda grew up in St. Louis, so we got to stay with her grandparents (yay for free overnights!) and went to church with them on Sunday. We enjoyed dinner at Joey B's with her aunt, cousin and brother. I ordered the Pasta Primavera (7 fresh veggies served in a garlic butter sauce with angel hair pasta), which was HUGE. I took the rest home and made grilled chicken breasts to go with it for Jordan's and my dinner. (See? Even saving money at a restaurant! A $12.99 meal became 3 meals!)

We got some delicious (and SUPER affordable) goodies at Missouri Baking Company on The Hill - I got 4 little cookies and a piece of german chocolate cake (for Jordan, his fav) and it was only $3something. A note about The Hill - this is the Italian part of town and there are all sorts of cute little Italian shops and restaurants. They have the Italian flag painted on things and Amanda told me that the area is still run by the Italian mafia...really!! 

We also got some provel cheese and salami from a little Italian grocery store with a meat counter. Yum. Here's what wiki had to say about Provel cheese: "Provel is a white processed cheese that is popular in St. Louis, Missouri.It is flavored with CheddarSwiss, and provolone." Spot on. And it's delicious.

Last but not least, we got sandwiches from Amighetti's to eat on the drive home. The Amighetti's special is made with ham, roast beef, genoa salami, brick cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, pepperoncini with Amighetti's secret dressing on fresh-baked Italian bread. Also yum. And a definite Jordan sandwich.

When Jordan and I visit St. Louis, we're doing all of this (and more). 

Bringing home the bacon
I've been doing some freelance editing for a friend (at her job) so that's been keeping me busy in the evenings, I've probably put 10-15hrs in for her these past couple weeks. Every little bit counts when it comes to the budget! 

Working off the bacon
I decided to kick my workout routine into high gear (aka actually go to the gym on a consistent basis)...so I needed some motivation. If I work out for 30+ mins, I get $1. YAY ME. bwaha. Since the 7th of January I've earned $17. I haven't  decided what my reward is going to be with the money that I earned...but it's motivating me to think that I'm "earning" money. Maybe that'll be my fun money, like, I have to earn it, I don't just get it. (Jordan would tell you that I never spend any fun money on myself, lol.) 

A new part of my work-out routine is this Killer Core Yoga Workout that my friend Emily posted about. It says beginner, and you don't think it would be that bad, but it seriously is KILLER. I've done it twice now, and my goal is to try to do it every other day (and on the opposite days do cardio and weights at the gym). My abs were dying. In a good way. Go ahead, print it off and try it yourself...this is something easy to do right in your home!

Game Night
We had 5 other med school couples over for games and munchies after finals week...and I forgot to take any pictures! So lame. We had a really good time playing Settlers and the other half of the group played Apples to Apples. There was also delicious food that everyone brought to share. And wine. And beer. And margaritas. It was a good evening. 

And that's about it! We'd still love to have visitors, so if you're ever feeling like a little vacation, KC is pretty fab! 


No comments:

Post a Comment