Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

$50 Patio Makeover: Before & After

I'd be planning to repot a few of my plants for...a very long time. Before we even moved to KC. That's like...planning to for over a year.

So, when mom announced she was coming for a girls' weekend, and hubby was planning to be out of town, I knew that getting my plants repotted was on my list for us. For anyone that doesn't know, my mom has a ridiculous green thumb. And she loves anything to do with gardening/plants/making things grow.

What started as me just wanting to replant the couple plants I had, turned into something bigger - and much more fun.

Here are some before and after pics:

Our bare, sad patio. 


Me with our "haul" - this looks like we got an obnoxious amount. I also piled mom's plants in there that she bought and took back to SF with her. 

Left side of patio. A NEW hanging plant, a NEW fern, the middle level is all plants I had before (an african violet Jordan gave me for a birthday, a christmas cactus that someone gave me, some kind of green leafy plant that grows and grows and grows that I got in a secret santa exchange in college, and chives from mom's garden). On the ground we have an amaryllis that I gave to Jordan for Christmas (that I got for free), a pot from mom with NEW flowers, another type of plant that aunt Karen gave me, and another one of those green leafy plants (this was the original one - the other one started from this one).


Right side of patio. An ALL-NEW over-the-ledge planter box! And a NEW hanging plant.
Close-up for the planter box :) I kinda cut off the purple leafy thing. It's pretty huge. 

What sort of affordable makeovers have you done? 

1 comment:

  1. Potted plants are definitely one of the best additions you can put on your patio. It creates a fresh atmosphere! And what's more interesting is that it can make your space look beautiful without spending a fortune. Kudos on that makeover!
    Sol Hendricks @ Diamond Contracting

    ReplyDelete