Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Job For ME: God Provides!!


I told Jordan a few months ago that my IDEAL job would be at an advertising agency that was centered around God. I also told Jordan that that type of agency didn't exist. I was also praying super hard that God would provide a job before August 13. That was my deadline - after the 13th, I was going to continue pursuing getting an agency job, but I was also going to start looking at retail (or coffeeshop or restaurant etc) positions.

I should have known God was big enough to give me exactly what I wanted...what I didn't even know I needed. I'm SO thankful that my "ideal" was in His plan for me!

A week and a half ago I had an interview with Quartermaster Marketing for an Account Executive position (the type of ad agency position that I REALLY wanted). I'd read the job description on CareerBuilder.com and was SUPER impressed and interested, so I applied over the weekend and flagged it to call the company during the week because I was so interested. Before I had a chance to call, Matt (my new boss) called and asked for an interview! 

After the interview, I was SO excited about the position. Matt called a few hours after my interview and said he had one more question - they had a "faith component" at their company. They prayed before meetings/meals and faith was a really big part of his life and his boss's life (Dominic - Matt's boss and owner of Quartermaster Marketing). Matt wanted to make sure I was comfortable with that and still wanted to pursue the position. Um. YES. I was SOOOO excited. 

Yesterday I had an interview with Dominic and after talking for 20-30 mins, he basically said "I like you. You're hired." GAHHHHH!!!! 

I start on Monday. The 13th - my deadline. Not that God ALWAYS answers within our time frames...but this time He did! He is a great God!! 

It's in the perfect location - downtown KC, 20mins from our apartment, 5-10mins from Jordan's campus...maybe we can have lunch together sometimes! - the exact pay I'd prayed for and said would cover our needs, it's the position I wanted, it's at an ad agency...they're focused on God. WOW. 

This job won't be easy, but it is exactly what I was hoping and praying for. I am SO entirely blessed. God answers prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment