Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Last Week of (B's) Summer

This will be a quick one because I need to be headed to bed shortly...transitioning from six weeks of frolicking isn't as fun as it sounds! (Actually, transitioning from frolicking to working doesn't sound fun at all...)

I had one CRAZY day of interviews - 8:30, 10:30 and 2 - that ended in a most welcome JOB OFFER.

I had one EXTREMELY HOT evening at the Johnson County Fair doing a Pampered Chef booth. In which the only thing I got from it was sweaty. At the end I rewarded myself with fresh-squeezed lemonade, which almost made sitting in the non-AC'd-building-with-no-breeze for 5hrs worth it. I stand by my statement that these Missourians and Kansans can handle this humidity better than us northern folk!

I had two LOVELY dates with Audrey and Josh (okay, it wasn't just me on our dates, lol, Jordan was there too). After the White Coat Ceremony we went to their humble abode for wine and they came over for Thai and hottubbing the next evening at our place. So thankful for friends!

I had three FAMILY days with Jordan's mom Lisa and his brother Blake! We enjoyed lounging at the pool (which I got a little color from, even with 50spf, being out there at 10am and only being there for an hour! Strong sun down here, folks!). They were here to join us at Jordan's White Coat Ceremony. While they were here we also enjoyed more of the now-famous (on this blog) Bear's Smokehouse BBQ and we found a pizza that could rival Tomacelli's (but not their prices, lol) - Stone Canyon Pizza. Yum. Jordan and I split the Scampi Blanca...So. Good. "Sautéed shrimp atop our own special roasted garlic and olive oil sauce with mozzarella, provolone and asiago cheeses and diced tomatoes." I think it was almost better than my FAV shrimp, crab, garlic alfredo, and roma tomatoes at Tomacelli's - GASP. (But if you're in SF, nothing beats Tomacelli's...so get yourself some!)

Jordan had four SAMPLES at a microbrewery festival! (okay, so he got to sample MANY more than four...but that's the number I was on!) We met up with another med student from South Dakota (a new one, that we hadn't met yet!) and his fiance, Liz. We had a great time getting to know them and Liz even gave me some basil, chives and mint! I really need to start growing my own herbs...

Now it's time to get ready for bed and the White Coat Ceremony deserves more than a two-second write-up. It needs a whole post - it's that darn important! (and I even have PICTURES!!! I know. You're so excited now. Keep waiting in anticipation...I might have time on THURSDAY.)

No comments:

Post a Comment