Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Eating Is a Hobby of Mine

When Jordan and I first started dating in 2005/2006, his idea of eating out was getting McDonald's or Taco John's or Burger King etc.... every day. At the time, I tried valiantly to convince him of the value of saving up those $5 daily purchases for a "fancy" $15 at the end of the week. Like, a sit-down place.

Six years down the road, I'll tell you this: I've created a monster. Now, I'm spoiled regularly with fancy dinners (thankfully, using groupons). But. There are certainly worse things. (Like fast food every day. Ick.)

Piropos Grille
This was a groupon where we got more than we bargained for. Enter med student in scrubs and wife in tow. White linens and wine glasses. Cloth napkins. A view of the sunset over the city. The waiter referred to us as "The Lady" and "The Gentleman". And delicious food. So delicious. The fact that we paid $15 for a groupon that took $53 off our bill was pretty sweet, too.

The complimentary warm bread with garlic and olive oil sauce or basil something-or-other sauce. Yum.
We also enjoyed a beef empanada (beef tenderloin, onions, olive, raisins and spices), but we devoured it before taking a pic. Oops.



Seafood Ravioli ($20.99) served with a
poblano cream sauce.
Grilled Seafood Platter: Shrimp, scallops,
mahi mahi with jasmine rice, asparagus
and a butter garlic sauce. ($29.99)

Fancy restaurant view.

We ate it ALL.

Dessert splurge: Tres Leche Cake
I told Jordan I'd rather have a $7 dessert in a restaurant once a month than a box of cookies from the grocery store every week.

Obligatory cute couple pic. And bonus great sky.

Gospel Community Group
We were in ladies/guys groups again this week. We're both doing Philippians, a letter from Paul (while he's in prison) to encourage the Philippians. It reminded me again to rejoice in all circumstances - even when things are really, really bad (and, I'm fortunate that I've never personally been in a really, really bad situation up to this point). Despite being in prison, Paul was so joyful. I've seen that same joy evident in others' lives when they're going through tough things like cancer or the death of a spouse or constant pain. I hope when I'm in a tough situation, that I'm able to keep my joyful spirit, too.

Chez Elle
The girls I work with and I decided to get lunch at Cheze Elle, a little french creperie. Also mucho delicious.
I had the Le Jardin crepe (spinach, artichokes, sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onions, provolone cheese) ($7.95) and a cup of lobster bisque ($5.25), because I simply couldn't resist it. Both were amazing. I'd definitely go back here.

More

  • We had Chad & Chandra over on Friday evening; it was fun to just relax and catch up. 
  • Saturday evening, Jordan and I helped a couple in our community group who were hosting a freshman girls' dorm bonfire. Jordan set up tables, hay bales, tended the fire and more, and I enjoyed helping in the kitchen, prepping food, washing dishes...the sort of things that I enjoy. 


Jordan and I cooked Vegetable Beef soup on Saturday (aka, soup from the parents: stew meat from mom and dad, carrots and potatoes from mom's garden, plus onions, garlic, celery) - that's lunch for the week!
For over two and a half years, I've been wanting a green bedskirt to match the quilt mom made us as a wedding gift. I finally splurged. And, I don't like to iron...I'm just planning that the wrinkles will release after hanging there long enough.
That's the week! I want to blog about our sermon this AM, but a friend is coming over in a bit (like 5 mins) to talk about Pampered Chef - she's a new consultant and her first show is Friday, so excited for her!) so I need to wrap this up and get it posted.

In the sermon this AM, the pastor said that South Dakota is "sexy" this time of year. hehe. Missing you all back "home"!

No comments:

Post a Comment