Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Most Fantastic (Long) Weekend

A few months ago, I requested time off on March 14&15 to visit home for a variety of things. Magically, this fell during my 2wks notice. Vacation during last 2wks = best.thing.ever.

I skillfully took ZERO pictures during my weekend extravaganza. You'll have to use your imagination. I'm pretty sure there are no pics b/c I had that awesome of a time.

Wednesday, March 13
I love it when work "Friday" happens after only 3 days of work. I left at 5pm, picked up my aunt Kathy, who so graciously decided to ride out with me. Which means lots of chatting and stories and sharing the driving responsibilities (a must when you drive a stick-shift with no cruise control. Leg. Dead.). We arrived in SF at 11pm. I stayed at my sister Kay's apartment and Kathy took mom's car (which was left at Kay's earlier in the day) and headed out to mom and dad's. I looked at Kay's super-cute apartment (way to go with the decorating, Megan!) and then I slept.

Thursday, March 14
Sleep in till 8:20, yeah! Then up and ready and to the jeweler's to drop off my ring for cleaning/checking/re-rhodium plating. (If you're looking for an engagement ring/wedding set...The Diamond Room is the place to go.) HenkinSchultz, my last place of employment in SF, was the next stop on the list. It was great seeing everyone and catching up a very, very teensy bit. Looks like things are still hopping there. A fantastic place to work. Next, I buzzed over to VistaComm, my first job out of college, where I got my 3years of ag marketing experience. I sat in the breakroom for about an hour, laughed my face off and had a general good, crazy time. Which is normal for time with the VC folks. At least with the ones I worked with. Then I bebopped over to M.B. Haskett for lunch with Betsy (yes, another Betsy, not myself in 3rd person), Shalaine, and Jess (all former VC employees!). It was delicious and affordable - I had the Muffaletta  for $6.97. It was so good catching up with these girls, and the hour they had for lunch flew by quickly. Then Jess and I headed back to her car (we rode together to combat the minimal parking in DTSF) and she got me a McCafe Mocha Frappe - YUM. If you haven't had one of these, go immediately. McD's is doing something right with these. After that, I swung by the shop to say hello to my fabulous dad and dear brother. Then I was off to Walmart for a couple items and stopped at Starbucks to waste a bit of time (writing thank-yous) until the next thing on my agenda. I headed over to my friend Ann's NEW HOUSE and enjoyed the grand tour. She just got engaged and is getting married in September, so I got to see her new sparkley and hear all about how wedding plans are going! Then I swung by Chandra's house (she wasn't there, but her hubby let me in and gave me a tour of their recently completed basement!!) and dropped off a frozen meal of Taco Soup for them to enjoy after BABY comes at the end of April! Finally, I headed home to mom and dad's where mom had a fantastic pot roast waiting for dinner. And mashed potatoes. And gravy. And fresh, steamed carrots. Talk about spoiled. Kay came out too, and she spent the weekend there with me.

Exhausted yet?! That was just the 1st day!! I think I was glowing at the end of the day, I had so much fun seeing everyone again.

Friday, March 15
DAY TWO! This was wedding planning day. Yay for sister getting engaged!
Aren't they adorable?
So good-looking they knock your socks off, right?
We went in at 8am so Kay could get some insurance things updated. We registered at Bed, Bath & Beyond.  We met with the church's wedding coordinator. We finished registering at BB&B. We had BBQs and cake at the shop to celebrate my dad's secretary's (also his aunt/my great aunt) retirement. We met with the lady that's going to do the reception decorating. We picked up a few things at Kay's apartment. We went and looked at her wedding dress so I could see it in person. SO PRETTY!! We picked up my ring from the jeweler. We went to the mall and search for bridesmaids shoes (we're looking for some type of yellow heels, possibly even cute yellow strappy sandals). My feet almost died from traipsing around in my boots all day, so I sat/slept in the car while mom and Kay got groceries. I took Kay to the doc b/c she had a terrible sore throat and was losing her voice. We went to the pharmacist to get her prescription. We (Kay and I) went home and enjoyed lasagna, salad and french bread with dipping oil with mom, dad, Brian, Stacey, and Lucas. After talking around the table for an hour or so, we played a couple rousing games of Apples to Apples. END DAY TWO.

Saturday, March 16
The fabulous dad took my car in and did some work on it (and now I no longer have to roll down my window to get out of the car! You rock, dad!), so I drove his pickup in around 9:30, got my car and headed to my tax appointment. We got a refund! YAY! It's about exactly the same as how much interest has already accured on Jordan's 1st-year med school loan! YAY! I met up with a dear friend from childhood for lunch at Bagel Boy and met her 2nd baby! He's 5wks old tomorrow. Adorable. It was wonderful catching up with her. Then we went to Chandra's baby shower and I saw a couple more friends from forever ago. I used to meet up with these girls once a month for dinner at each other's houses before we moved to KC, so it was wonderful to hang out again.
Friends! Kim, Suzie, Chandra, me, Katie and little Peter!
Afterwards, I went over to Chandra's house for a bit and then I visited Lucas at Coldstone and got some cookie dough ice cream. Yum. Then I zoomed home and went to Grandpa&Grandma Heiberger's house for an hour or so. I swung by my mother-in-law's house and saw the middle stages of her remodeling - they're knocking out walls and everything. It looks awesome! Can't wait to see it when it's done. Finally home for dinner with mom, dad and Kay. Then I packed up my stuff, and mom and I packed up a cooler of meat to take home (THANK YOU, MOM AND DAD!!!). Finished out the night by watching the end of a movie with dad.

Sunday, March 17
By now, I'm certainly exhausted. I went to 8am service with mom, dad, Kay and Lucas, and after talking to a few people at church, went to Scooter's for coffee with wonderful friends, Lana and Cathy. It was so good to catch up with them. Then, I took the rest of my medium white chocolate mocha and headed home! I drove Dad Style, meaning I only stopped to get gas/go to the bathroom ONCE, drove 75-80mph and got home in FIVE hours. Fan.tas.tic.

It was sooo good to see everyone. I miss all you people! And, I'll say it again, we have an extra bedroom and an extra bed - come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment