Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

February Grocery Spending

I know, this is a bit late. I'll do better with March's - if this one is helpful.

I didn't keep track of how much we ate out in February, but it wasn't much. And, this total doesn't include that. It's only groceries.

We spent $156.68 on groceries in February. And a lot of that stuff is still in our apartment...I grew up out in the country, so we had a definite "pantry" mentality. I've got loads of food in the apartment. I keep going to the grocery store b/c of the great deals, so this month I'm avoiding the sales ad and just getting what we need while we eat what we have.

In February, we spent $2.80 per person per day.

Do you have a monthly grocery budget? Or do you have another philosophy?

Does anybody else out there have the pantry mentality? I've seriously got....I don't know...maybe 25-35 or more meals here for us. Does anybody else do that?

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a budget, but I usually just grab the essentials! We spend anywhere from $160-$200/month on groceries :)

    I don't have the pantry mentality, but I should have a pantry next year!

    - Lana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I couldn't be the only one who thought that $150-$200/month was normal! :)

      Delete