Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Meal Planning: April 1-7

This month, I'll try to keep track of what we're eating so you can see how I'm spending so little on groceries and still feeding my hubby appropriately, hehe. Here are the meals I packed up Sunday evening for our weekly lunch/dinner enjoyment:


To these lunches, I'll add a fruit (this week I have oranges, bananas, and pineapple on hand) for each of us, plus a yogurt for Jordan.

Let's look at them left to right:
  • That 1st column is 3 meals; the top 2 are ham and asparagus (leftovers from my aunt when I went to their house for Easter) and the bottom one is spinach linguine with zucchini (also leftover from my aunt from Easter). 
  • 2nd and 3rd columns are pork loin, asparagus and a little container of bbq sauce. The pork loin is from a med student friend, the asparagus is from Easter, and the bbq sauce is leftover from J's favorite bbq place.
  • The 4th column is pork loin (leftover from the bbq place), corn (frozen from last summer when we picked it, shucked it, cleaned it, cut it off the cob and froze it at mom&dad's house) and another little container of bbq sauce.
  • 5th column is 2 meals of asparagus (from Easter) and mahi mahi (cooked with lemon pepper and garlic peppercorn rub). The mahi mahi is from HyVee - 2 frozen packets, $1 each (on sale, of course). 
  • The 6th column is boring, but it's for me so it's okay. It's leftover spaghetti noodles + asparagus (I plan to mix them together, with a little butter and parmesan, guess I could do that before I take them to work...). I have another container of the noodles, butter, and parmesan at work, so I plan to bring a little container of asparagus with me tomorrow, too. (Not pictured are 3 "extra" asparagus servings.)
Nine meals pictured, plus a non-pictured duplicate of the last meal. 10 meals...basically for free!

For dinner this week, we've had....

  • Grilled PB&J
  • Tomato soup and grilled meat&cheese (twice)
What's your lunchtime meal philosophy? Do you always pack the same thing? Do you always eat out? 



2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I usually take my lunch....pretty much every day. I am going to attempt to make steak for Joe for the first time. lol Joe always gets to try my cooking out. If Jordan likes pulled pork I have a quick and easy crockpot way to make it.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steak is a great idea, Heather! Do you plan to grill it? Marinate it first? What cut? Jordan is my guinea pig too - lucky me, he eats everything :) And I'd LOVE to have your pulled pork recipe! Send it on over!

      Delete