Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Gas Station Food

I know this will be a surprise, but this post ISN'T about food on our drive down here!

Jordan loooooves bbq, and I'll have to say it's been growing on me, too, what with Ribfest for dad's birthday and sharing 1/2 racks of ribs from every vendor to determine the best - Willingham's always gets my vote! But that's neither here nor there....

On Saturday night - our first evening alone in KC - Jordan wanted to take me out for bbq at the same place he'd gone out to eat while we were down a few months ago for my interview at Hallmark. He'd gotten a lot of recommendations and had LOVED the bbq, so we just had to go.

But first - thanks to dad, mom and Lucas for all their help! We so appreciate them driving down with us (thanks, dad for driving the moving truck!), getting us unpacked after the apartment mixup and helping us clean up after the washer overflowed (it was one thing after another our first two days here!). We love you guys so much and are glad you were here to help us get settled!

Back to Saturday dinner....we waited in line for an HOUR at a gas station to eat Oklahoma Joe's bbq - and apparently this is a NORMAL wait! WOW. Sadly, I didn't remember to take a pic after I got my plate of food (I'm not in the habit yet of taking pics!) but it was delicious! I had a beef brisket sandwich and a (hefty!) serving of fries. Yum.
Photo courtesy of www.onourownpath.com who also enjoyed Oklahoma Joe's at some point!


I've heard from many that KC is known for their bbq and if you come visit, we'll probably ask if you want to go here and stand in line for an hour for gas station food!

No comments:

Post a Comment