Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

(Part of) Our New Home!

I figured it was about time for me to post something about where we're living!

Turns out, God had our best interests in mind (go figure!) when He had us moved from the 3rd-floor apt to this 2nd-floor one. We're closer to the pool, our neighbors are SUPER quiet (at the other place there was a REALLY yippy dog, and we were only there for about 30mins!) and the rent and utilities are cheaper. Thanks, God :) Also, as an apology for the mix-up, the apartment staff gave us 5 accent walls instead of 3! That was definitely a treat, and I couldn't be happier with how the painting turned out! (The painter, who was an older man that looked like Santa, came on Tuesday morning and told me to "remember to set out the cookies and milk in December." hehe)

Here's a little tour of the part of the apartment that's decorated - thanks to aunt Kathy for coming over on Wednesday and helping me put up pictures! At the last apartment...I didn't put anything up for almost six months, so this is a vast improvement since tomorrow marks 2 weeks in KC.


Other than our apartment being way more fabulous than I thought we'd have this early on, the apartment complex itself is really, really nice. There are 2 resort-style pools (that's what they call them, and they really are - tables with umbrellas, beach loungers, a top-of-the-line propane grill for our use, fabulous potted plants...it's really fancy), we've already been to one resident breakfast (happens once or twice a month on a Saturday), and there's also 3 free fitness classes a week (H2O bootcamp, Aqua Zumba and Yoga - I've been to one so far and hope to make it to them every week), a free cooking class and a spa night each month, and bunco in the clubhouse every Friday night!

There's a fitness room, too, which is actually really nice for an apartment - the machines are new and I've been heading there in the AM to work out to the Food Network. I feel really spoiled living here, and I hope I keep on being thankful for all the things we have here that we don't deserve. So far, it seems like this will be a great fit for the next four years during med school. I'm excited to get the rest of our pictures/decorations up and to show you the rest of the apartment!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! And yes, you should definitely comment now that you're blogging because a) I won't feel like as much of a stalker if I comment on each and every one of your posts and b) with the blogs we can pretend we're neighbors again ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apparently didn't say this before, but I ESPECIALLY like "B". :)

      Delete